This kit contains the E3 Duo™ controller and supplies needed for both electroforming and etching with copper. EXCEPT FOR THE COPPER SOLUTION, WHICH HAS TO BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY, AS EXPLAINED BELOW.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
THIS UNIT MUST BE SHIPPED IN TWO PARCELS, OWING TO THE REGULATIONS IN AUSTRALIA REGARDING CHEMICALS. THE KIT ITSELF CAN BE POSTED FROM TASMANIA WHERE WE ARE BASED, BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COPPER SOLUTION, AS IS SHOWN IN THE USA PHOTO - IT HAS TO BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY AS THE COPPER SOLUTION CHEMICAL HAS TO BE SENT BY ROAD TRANSPORT FROM SYDNEY. THE PRICE ON THE WEBSITE INCLUDES THE ROAD FREIGHT UNLESS YOU LIVE IN A VERY REMOTE AREA. IF YOU DO LIVE IN A VERY REMOTE AREA, PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH YOUR TOWN AND POSTCODE FOR THE COST.
THIS UNIT IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS MAINLAND (incl. Tasmania) ONLY
FOR SILVER ETCHING PREPARATION- Please add the Silver Nitrate Solution to your order and we strongly recommend an additional pan to avoid cross contamination with copper.
E3 Duo™ Electroforming/Plating and Etching Controller:
- International power supply - 220v for AUSTRALIA
- 2 Amp, 6 Volts max
- For electroforming: Adjustable range from 40mA-2Amp (current based system). It covers pieces quickly with a smooth deposition of metal.
- For plating: Gold, silver and other metals can be plated over the copper, using the controller. Simply use a low current with the appropriate anodes and solutions needed for the metal you are plating. YOU WILL NEED TO PLATE WITH THE NICKEL SOLUTION BEFORE YOU PLATE WITH EITHER SILVER OR GOLD OR OTHER METALS, TO STOP THE COPPER LEACHING THROUGH FROM YOUR MODEL
- For etching: Adjustable power ranging from 1/2 watt-6 watts. This etching feature has a knob for an adjustable range. The led display shows power: L1 (low), L2 (medium) or L3 (high)
- Small and compact-perfect for the home studio or for the classroom. (5" x 3" x .75")
- Controller is made with high quality parts with superior stainless steel clips.
Copper Electroforming Solution - Midas products as shown in the photo are not used AND IT IS NOT IN THE KIT. It is an Australian solution which you buy separately, due to high road freight costs. Shipping regulations do not allow Midas Copper Solution to be sent to Australia.
- Brightener- LOCAL SOLUTION, The Midas product as shown in the photo is not used and it is from Australia.
- Graphite conductive paint (0.5 oz)
- Varnish (0.5 oz)
- 2 paintbrushes
- Fine copper conductive wire (28 and 24 gauge)
- Rubber gloves
- Copper coil
- Coffee filter
- Stainless steel pan
- Copper sulfate - 100gr
- Copper sheet (2.5" square)
- Copper oval shape
- Aluminum electrodes
- 12 ready-to-use images with full instructions.